Location: Lone Tree, CO
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Big Data Developer to join their industry leading team in their Englewood, CO location. Must have experience with AWS: IAM, Kinesis, cloudwatch, Dynamo db.
• Designs, develops, and implements web-based Java applications to support business requirements.
• Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
• Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of tasks. A degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
• Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
• Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and develops fixes.
• Contribute to the Design and develop high quality software for large scale Java/Spring Batch/Hadoop distributed systems by
• Loading and processing from disparate data sets using appropriate technologies including but not limited to, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, HBase, Spark, Storm and Kafka.
• Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 8 years+ of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Expert knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
• 8 years+ of Java experience.
• Strong communication skills.
• Experience with Hbase, kafka and spark.
• Expert in HIVE SQL and ANSI SQL - Great hands on in Data Analysis using SQL.
• Ability to write simple to complicated SQL in addition to having ability to comprehend and support data questions/analysis using already written existing complicated queries
• Familiarity in Dev/Ops (Puppet, Chef, Python)
• Expert knowledge of Big Data concepts and common components including YARN, Queues, Hive, Beeline, AtScale, Datameer, Kafka, and HDF.
Experience with Kafka is a strong plus.
Garden City, New York
Posted 3 minutes ago
Posted 3 minutes ago
Posted 2 minutes ago