NOTE HOURS - 10 pm to 6:30 pm
- We offer excellent compensation.
- Sign-on Bonus available for this role.
- Qualify upon hire for an annual bonus of at least $2,000.
- Enjoy outstanding and affordable medical benefits as well as a robust paid time-off program.
Responsible for batch formulation, mixing materials, quality color matching/tinting, and quality of finished product processing within the duties and functions of department to include the following key responsibilities:
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment.
- Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Follows batch formulation, as prescribed by Central Labs, and uses knowledge and skills to incorporate approved materials for proper dispersion. Approved materials may be accurately and efficiently added to dispersion task by uses of electro gauges, valves, temperature controls, flow meters or other related equipment.
- Mixes the materials and performs quality controls checks for dispersion approval and transfer to the next step within the production process, using prescribed equipment. May use electronic information systems to control materials additions, check material inventory supplies, etc.
- Ensures all batches are properly and expeditiously transferred into scheduled tanks for thin-down. Batches are completed in accordance with Central Lab formulations. Batches are completed in accordance with Central Lab formulations, using the prescribed approved raw materials, thickeners, thinners, etc. Materials are accurately measured and delivered to assigned holding tanks, using electronic gauges, valves, transfer equipment, etc. May use electronic information systems to control materials additions to complete batches for final approval.
- Communications with other departments for proper transfer of completed dispersion production process; milling, shading, etc. to assign holding tanks.
- May be required to maintain efficiency of material additions/flow by checking and changing filters.
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules, environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment. Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Utilizes color spectrophotomer and eye shading expertise to match batches to customer specifications.
- Ensures batches are properly and expeditiously transferred into scheduled tanks for thin-down and color matching/tinting. Batches are completed in accordance with central lab formulations, using the prescribed approved raw materials, colorants, color dispersions, thickeners, thinners, etc. Materials are accurately measured and delivered to assigned holding tanks, using electronic gauges, valves, transfer equipment, etc. May use electronic information systems to control materials additions to complete batches for final approval.
- Involved with quality control checks and procedures, prescribed by central labs to ensure effective, accurate and expeditious processing with first run capability.
- Makes appropriate additions to production batch, as prescribed by quality assurance lab; using approved materials.
- Reutilization of resources for re-work materials in accordance with approved procedures by central lab.
- Communicates with other departments during production process, i.e. mixing, milling and filling/packaging, etc. Scheduled appropriate holding tans for proper co-ordination of product processing.
- May be required to maintain clean filters for transferring products and materials during production processing.
- Willingness to work and cross train in other departments frequently.
- Maintains forklift or other related equipment by checking battery, electrical charger hook-up etc.
- Performs other duties as required.
This role will work seamlessly with the Shading Department to execute quality mixing and shading of paint batches for dispersion to the filling line for packaging.Key Responsibilities:
- Follows batch formulas for proper dispersion into tanks
- Mixes raw materials and performs quality checks
- Responsible for color matching and tinting
- Measures materials accurately to deliver to tanks
- Ability to combine and work with raw materials.
- Ability to follow all batch formulations.
- Ability to mix materials and conduct quality checks
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements:Physical effort and dexterity
- High School degree required.
- Basic math skills, ie: addition/subtraction
- Previous experience in and demonstrated ability to accurately match color specifications.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work cross-functionally.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and cleanliness.
- Ability to use company software and computer system programs.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work safely and follow SOP's
- Ability to operate fill by weight machine, video jet, labeler, palletizer, case packer, can and carton computer and depalletizer.
- Frequency of physical activity throughout shift:
- Frequent sitting, standing, bending/twisting of neck and waist, squatting and kneeling
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects from floor
- Constant standing (6-8+ hours)
- Frequent lifting of 10-75 lbs. (1-8+ hours) throughout shift
- Ability to stand and climb stairs during 8 -10 hour shift as needed.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs. continuously throughout shift.
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb stairs, up to approximately 100% of time during shift, ability to kneel/stoop/bend up to 50% of time during shift
- Frequency of upper and lower extremity activity throughout shift:
- Constant grasping with dominate hand (6-8+ hours)
- Frequent fine hand manipulation, pushing, pulling and reaching above and below shoulder throughout shift.
- Constant walking (6-8+ hours)
- Getting onto forklifts continuously throughout shift
- Ability to life 50-75 pounds throughout shift
Environment Factors and exposure throughout shift:
- Ability to use respirator and proper PPE (eye protection, safety shoes)
- Operate weight machine, video jet, labeler, case packer palletizer and depalletizer
- Ability to work overtime (up to 4 hours past regularly scheduled shift) and weekends when required
Company ProfileClick to see how you can paint your future!
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to work in a team environment and the willingness to be cross-functional
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Basic math skills, i.e. addition/subtraction
- Ability to stand on feet, bend, stretch, twist for 8 plus hours
- Ability to work safely and follow SOP's
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to use company software and computer system
- Ability to operate a forklift preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds continuously throughout shift.
- Must be able to wear respiratory protection. This includes being medically cleared and fitted for respiratory protection and adhering to facial hair standards for such equipment.
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success, and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore. Safety
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.EOE M/F/D/V
This job has expired.