Banking Specialist III – Sales Focus
This position, Banking Specialist III, may be called by many other names: New Accounts Representative, Personal Banker, Financial Service Representative, etc. At First Bank, we choose to call you a “specialist” because that is what you are! Individuals in this position are well-versed in both operations and sales functions in a retail branch.
What You Will Be Doing
What Do You Need for this Position?
- Expanding current client relationships and building new client relationships by understanding their needs and providing solutions via the use of all appropriate product features available across all bank product lines.
- Expanding the use of alternative delivery systems by explaining the merits of other systems such as Online Banking System, Online Bill Pay, ATM network, Debit Card, Mobile Banking, and Client Contact Center.
- Working towards achievement of branch and individual sales and referral goals.
- Working to retain existing client relationships and obtain new relationships by conducting calls on maturing accounts, following up on leads, referrals and other prospecting opportunities.
- Going on business calls with Branch manager, merchant representatives, and/or business development officers. Assists in initiating sales and business calls on their own.
- Driving branch profitability and client satisfaction by getting to know clients and encouraging their consideration of other Bank products where they may benefit the client.
- (In-Store branches) Should cultivate relationship with retail store associates.
- Increasing sales and cross-sell opportunities by participating in sales events such as in-aisle sales (where applicable), internal/external events, out bound calls, and promotional activities.
- Contributing to the Bank’s efforts in reaching and surpassing its Community Reinvestment Act goals by participating in community service activities.
- Drives individual, branch and Bank growth by working with management to define sales strategies necessary to meet sales and referral goals.
- Providing excellent client service by accurately and expeditiously opening new accounts and other products for current clients and new clients to the Bank. Provides maintenance on accounts and products when requested and authorized by the client. Quotes rates, terms and fees on all products and services and provides necessary disclosures as required (NMLS registration required).
- Identifying borrowing needs and originating consumer loan applications. Assists in the processing of loan applications and closing. Must be NMLS Registered.
- Helping commercial and small business clients/prospects with product questions, account support and various other tasks.
- Assisting with wire transfers and other operational duties, as needed.
- Helping coach Banking Specialist I and II on products, services, policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous cash-handling experience preferred
- Minimum of 24 months of sales and/or banking experience preferred
- Life License (LB) preferred
- NMLS registry required
- Proven sales skills
- Good analytical skills
- Developed customer service skills, including written and verbal communication
- Ability to use a PC and alpha/numeric keyboard
- Flexible work week schedule, which may include Saturdays
Be a part of a growing company that is truly committed to its employees and clients. Consider joining the First Bank family. As a member of our family, you are part of one of the largest independent banks in the U.S. We are proud of our growth and success over the past 100 years and look forward to a bright and promising future.Diversity
At First Bank one of our biggest strengths is the diversity of our people. Our mission is to capitalize on the diversity of our associates and promote personal and professional development throughout every area of the organization. We encourage diversity by actively seeking employees from various backgrounds, walks of life, and job skills. We strongly encourage you to apply whenever a First Bank job opportunity interests you.
First Bank is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Attn: Applicants interested in a San Francisco based position: First Bank will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.