Jacobs Vehicle Systems is looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to join our team. This position requires a passion for continuous improvement to help drive the business and meet our customer's expectations. The candidate's primary role will be to support and improve automated processes within the Value Stream Team. The successful candidate will be the technical liaison between the customer, JVS design engineering team, and manufacturing operations. The candidate will be expected to aid in launching new products, solve quality issues, and implement process improvements. We are looking for someone who enjoys developing innovative solutions to complex problems in a fast-paced environment. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a great team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work and communicate collaboratively with other team members, design engineering, customers, suppliers, and management in all aspects of manufacturing ranging from new product design, process improvements, troubleshooting, and resolving production issues.
- Identify opportunities where automated process equipment, can drive improvements in Productivity and Quality. Develop machine concepts, write proposals and justifications for equipment purchases and builds. Create detailed equipment specifications based on project needs, identify and work with external equipment suppliers to design, build, install, commission, and validate equipment solutions.
- Troubleshoot a variety of automation processes. Analyze raw data to formulate root cause, develop solutions, evaluate risk, implement solutions, train the team in different situations i.e., customer problems, process improvements, supplier issues, etc.
- Advise Product Engineering on design for manufacturability and variation reduction to streamline implementation of automated equipment.
- Lead and participate in Kaizen and coordinate major projects to facilitate continuous process improvements and improve key performance metrics
- Set up new work cells using Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Create and Maintain process documents per IATF and JVS standards, coordinate Design change notice and qualify process improvements.
- Demonstrated experience with pneumatic, hydraulic, servo or stepper motion control systems is required.
- Ability to program and edit PLC's is required. (Knowledge of Automation Direct, Allen Bradley & Siemens PLC's is preferred). Fieldbus I/O configuration skills are required.
- HMI development & RFID programming experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in control system development (PLC/Ladder, microcontroller, LabView, object-oriented programming, etc.) is required.
- Manufacturing Engineering experience supporting automated and robotic systems in direct product line support is preferred.
- Strong Electromechanical troubleshooting skills are required.
- Proficient with 2D & 3D CAD software. (Creo Parametric preferred)
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts including Standard work, Variation Reduction/Six-Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, IPO and Process Flow Diagrams is preferred.
- Experience creating capital equipment proposals and justifications including ROI calculations is preferred.
- Efficient internal & external communication skills are required.
Job Requirements Education and Experience Requirements
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- Bachelor's in mechanical engineering, Electrical Engineering or, equivalent field of study (such as, General Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering) is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of work experience in a manufacturing or automation environment is required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position resides on the manufacturing floor and thus proper PPE must be followed.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org