DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
Benefits & Additional Compensation
DCP builds connections to enable better lives and is dedicated to supporting our employees with opportunities for internal mobility, continual growth, and ongoing training. We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible for the short-term incentive program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. Depending on the position and level, some jobs are also eligible to participate in the long-term incentive programs with any payouts also being subject to performances. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and several other unique benefits offerings. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy including parental leave, sick time, and vacation time
Automation Controls Specialist is responsible for repairs and maintenance of complex instrument and electrical control systems including PLC's, DCS, SCADA system, and Burner Management Systems.Providesleadership and mentors the I&E craft personnel throughout the asset.Manages projects, develops cost estimates, and oversees contract personnel as required.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Applies a high level understanding of plant processing to identify enhancement opportunities
- Designs complex logic and configuration changes and upgrades for DCS systems; programs logic design of programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Performs calibration, troubleshooting and maintenance of sophisticated compliance analyzers, and has the capacity to make programming changes and additions
- Utilizes extensive knowledge of company preventive and general maintenance practices to develop and implement a preventative maintenance program for I&E equipment in asset or region and monitors through completion.
- Applies programming skills to optimize and enhance existing processes
- Responsible for mentoring and training less experienced I&E personnel with troubleshooting and making repairs in area/asset
- Serves as a subject matter expert and may be utilized on audits and investigations.
- Serves as key contact person for asset or region for review of both company & industrial standards to review of modifications and revisions and interpretation of any need for changes in procedures and/or tasks as applicable to our business
- Involved in evaluating new technology and applications to be used to enhance our business
- May assist centralized automation department with the design of new systems and performs installation of new field/plant automation equipment.
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of 4 years related experience in the I&E Classification with 2 years' experience in the maintenance and/or development of SCADA or DCS applications/projects; oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Proficient with SCADA troubleshooting and ladder logic and programming
- Possesses thorough understanding of variable frequency drive (VFD) control design including all aspects of programming, troubleshooting and tuning
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills and has ability to "walk others through" issues
- Ability to interpret & update P&ID's, electrical drawings, and diagrams
- Practices awareness concerning issues of health, safety and the environment
- Good understanding of plant and/or gathering system processes
- Ability to provide accurate documentation and follow through on records
- Ability to perform work independently, be dependable, organized and work well with others while maintaining a customer focus
- This job operates in both inside gas plant conditions as well as in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times. Regularly stoops, squats, kneels and crouches for durations up to 3 minutes. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the gas plant. Occasionally exerts pulling force of 130 pounds. Frequently may lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may climb A-frame ladders.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. Primary Location:
Operations / Full-timeJob Posting:
Jul 18, 2022, 8:44:35 AM
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
This job has expired.