The Pre-Analytical Assistant III in the Tech Ops Department is responsible for knowing all of the functions of the Pre-Analytical Assistant II, plus additional functions.
- Responsible for all duties of the Pre-Analytical Assistant III; meets or exceeds productivity and quality standards for Pre-Analytical Assistant I and II tasks [when required]; able to recognize and solve more complex problems on a routine basis.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of how Specimen Processing and Tech Ops impact testing departments and result quality.
- Demonstrates proficiency and understanding of all job duties and SOP's related to the Tech Ops department.
- Demonstrates knowledge and an understanding of what resources are available and is able to fill in for any function within the Tech Ops department as necessary.
- Identifies problems with specimen types vs test orders, missing information, improperly positioned bar code labels, with regard to all work processes within Tech Ops.
- With experience and training, is able to perform basic trouble shooting and resolve problems with automated equipment operation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of compliance policies related to test ordering, which requires developing ability to research test ordering information on translation tables, computer system, and the directory of services.
- Understands complex relationship between test(s) ordered and specimen(s) received.
- Completes all required written documentation such that it is understandable to others, legible and within the assigned time frame.
- Meets quality and productivity standards within 3 months of completing training
- Validates and verifies test orders as needed.
- Trains employees in Tech Ops job functions and may provide on-going training.
- Performs result entry as required for TIQ/TNP resolution.
- Adheres to all Quest Diagnostics policies and procedures, including Safety and Compliance.
- Other duties as assigned. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of work performed by the position.
- The Pre-Analytical Assistant III is involved in more complex tasks and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Pending Review and Problem Resolution.
- Automated sortation and aliquoting instrument operation.
- The Pre-Analytical Assistant III has mastered all duties of the Pre-Analytical Assistant II, and is able to efficiently and effectively work in a self-directed fashion. The person in this position typically has additional responsibilities such as:
- Possible customer communications
- Internal training
- Problem-solving related to special accounts and compliance-related issues
- Pending review and resolution
- Operation of automated equipment
- Within 1 year of hire, proficient in processing electronic orders.
QUALIFICATIONS Required Work Experience:
Must have at least 3 years experience in a laboratory environment or a production setting. Preferred Work Experience:
N/A Physical and Mental Requirements:
Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory. Skills:
Minimal data entry skills
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)
This job has expired.