Lab Asst l
Sign-on Bonus $2500
Performs various routine laboratory functions in a precise and accurate fashion to assist the laboratory professional staff and to facilitate production.
- Perform specimen receiving, labeling, handling and preparation.
- Assist with pre-analytical preparation of specimens (e.g., printing labels, uncap/cap specimen tubes, aliquot specimens, prepare racks, worklists, enter/scan specimens and load automated instruments).
- Record digital temperature; notify licensed personnel if the temperature is out of range.
- Perform routine instrument maintenance on some equipment.
- Assist in preparation of chemicals, reagents and solutions.
- Clean, organize and maintain work area, glassware and laboratory equipment (e.g., refrigerators, freezers and supply cabinets, as needed).
- Assist with monitoring the department pending and overdue lists, which includes, searching, locating, following up and filing appropriate documentation.
- Perform other departmental tasks such as filing, archiving and retrieving slides/blocks, reports, requisitions/other paperwork and answering the telephone.
- Dispose of biohazardous material.
- Enter data in laboratory information systems (LIS).
- Perform QA/QC duties as assigned.
- Complete training and competency checklists as appropriate.
- Comply with all health and safety policies, procedures and practices. Required to use personal protective equipment.
- Other duties as assigned. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of work performed by the position.
QUALIFICATIONS Required Work Experience:
N/APreferred Work Experience:
Previous laboratory experience and/or training preferred. Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects: Objects 1 to 10 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects 11 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried occasionally; objects 36 to 50 pounds are seldom lifted or carried and objects over 50 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
- Ability to stand and work at the bench for long periods of time.
- Frequent walking and/or standing.
- May be required to use a wide variety of manual and automated pipettes and laboratory instruments and apparatuses all of which demand significant manual dexterity.
- Must demonstrate the ability to follow a series of steps without confusion or errors on an ongoing basis and retain the information once learned.
- Must be detail-oriented, have the ability to work independently, establish work priorities and handle several tasks simultaneously for maximum department efficiency.
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively with supervisors, co-workers and clients.
- Ability to deal with client information in a confidential manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and, Outlook) and Laboratory Information Systems.
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)
This job has expired.