Associate Specialist, Clinical Biologics:
Do you have a passion for science? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
About AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, MD:
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility builds life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to crafting a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help boost productivity and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams.
Summary of the group:
As an associate specialist in the Clinical production team within Biopharmaceutical Development, you'll build broad knowledge of bioprocessing in a cGMP environment to launch your career in the biopharmaceutical industry. In this role you will take an adaptable, science driven approach to everything you do. You will become an integral part of process development, accelerating product candidates into the clinic and gaining knowledge and experience in cell culture, purification and critical support activities. Under the supervision of highly trained personnel, you will gain the process knowledge and abilities to perform large scale clinical development activities through hands-on training. You will join a collaborative and driven team in a world class biopharmaceutical company that is driving disruptive innovation in the industry.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Operates bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment such as: incubators, stainless steel and disposable bioreactors, depth filtration skids, LN2 Dewar's, chromatography skids, single-use mixers, centrifuges, washers, autoclaves, environmental monitoring cleaning verification sampling, tanks and in-process testing instruments.
- Performs steam sterilization, clean in place, manual cleaning and sanitization of equipment
- Record manufacturing activities clearly and accurately within approved current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) documents and regulatory requirements
- Prepares for processing by ensuring equipment and materials necessary are adequate and available
- Ensure a safe and environmentally balanced work environment in accordance with AstraZeneca standards
- Ability to use MS Office tools and AZ enterprise systems
Bachelor's degree in a science field with 0-4 years' experienceRequired Skills:
- Familiarity with area specific production equipment such as glass washers, autoclaves, fixed and portable stainless steel tanks, etc.
- Familiarity with basic chemistry concepts.
- Introductory knowledge of raw material weigh-out and media/buffer preparation.
- Demonstrates ability to work with co-workers, senior personnel and management within a diverse team environment to improve quality and process efficiency
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of drive and initiative.
- Logic and decision making abilities, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change ways of working/see opportunities to improve processes within cGMP clinical manufacturing environment.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being ambitious - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it's yours.Where can I find out more?
Check out our landing page for more information on our BPD group https://careers.astrazeneca.com/bpd
Our social media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.