This is what you will do:
The Associate Scientist II is responsible for performing assigned experimental tasks to support the development and optimization of manufacturing processes for Alexion's biotherapeutic candidates. The Associate Scientist II will work routinely in collaboration with other members of Biologics Process Development, Technology Transfer and Analytical Sciences, including all other groups in Product Development and Clinical Supply.
You will be responsible for:
You will need to have:
- Conducts experimental studies to develop, optimize, and characterize manufacturing processes for biotherapeutic candidates
- Executes experimental studies to support scale up of manufacturing processes or troubleshooting of issues at manufacturing scale as required for therapeutic proteins
- Documents study results in notebooks, forms, and technical reports
- Assists in laboratory management including ordering and maintenance
We would prefer for you to have:
- BS (with 2+ years of experience) or MS degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited university
- Problem solving skills: Works cross-functionally to solve routine technical problems
- Scientific Inquisitiveness: Understands background of assigned technical tasks to be a resource for others, Demonstrates ability to delve deeper into technical topics, Seeks to incorporate ideas from conferences or literature into work processes
- Communication skills: Routinely delivers effective technical presentations within functional group, Drafts, edits and finalizes technical documents without templatesand with minimal supervision, Works collaboratively with own group to achieve shared objectives
- Technical expertise: Conducts assigned routine tasks in the laboratory with limited supervision, Carries out training in certain technical areas, Executes complicated study plans with supervision
- Decision Quality: Regularly interacts with peers across functions, Understands priority of assigned tasks with limited supervision
- Accountability: Works with supervisor and co-workers to ensure assigned tasks are completed, Demonstrates ability to manage aspects of a technical project
- The duties of this role are generally conducted in an lab environment. As is typical of a lab-based role, employees must be able, with or without an accommodation to: lift/carry 15/30 pounds unassisted/assisted; work comfortably in a controlled environment with and around biological, infectious, and hazardous materials; gown/degown PPE; use a computer; engage in communications via phone, video, and electronic messaging; engage in problem solving and non-linear thought, analysis, and dialogue; collaborate with others; maintain general availability during standard business hours.
This job has expired.
- Experience in any area of biologics process development (cell culutre and/or purification) is preferred
- Experience performing chromatographic protein purification is preferred
- Experience with Unicorn programming and operation of AKTA and other chromatography skids is preferred
- Experience in nano filtration and ultrafiltration/dialfiltration is preferred
- Proficiency with various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required
- Experience with Statistical Design of Experiments Software (e.g. JMP) is preferred