Training and Commercial Effectiveness is a vital function with the key goals of increasing deal conversion by improving buyer engagements, driving organizational alignment, and improving the overall efficiency of our salesforce, and ensuring their knowledge and skills are the best in the field.
The Associate Director, Training & Commercial Effectiveness, will act as an integrating role between various sales and marketing areas, including sales operations, marketing, market access, amongst others. They will also work with our partners in Medical, Legal, Regulatory, as well as other groups. The incumbent of this new role will be responsible for training initiatives in the United States, Canada, and supporting South America for all commercial functions with a focus on the field sales roles.
Here's What You'll Do
Here's What You'll Need (Minimum Qualifications)
- Roll out a comprehensive onboarding program through tight collaboration with Global Training.
- Work with Global Training & Commercial Effectiveness to map company's sales process with our customer's buying process to understand and enhance what skills, knowledge, processes and tools are required by our sales force to increase velocity and conversion rates at each stage in those processes.
- Conduct an analysis of current skills, knowledge, and processes while partnering with the sales leadership team to identify strengths and areas for development.
- In coordination with Global Training & Commercial Effectiveness, develop and manage the 12-18-month sales onboarding roadmap.
- Help create a development program for frontline managers to ensure they have the skills, knowledge, processes and tools required to lead their sales teams effectively
- Collaborate with promotional review committee to ensure all training materials remain fully compliant
- Apply focused and effective training methods including, but not limited to, adult learning techniques, computer-based training, virtual training, in-person study, and eLearning
- Partner with sales leadership and HR to establish a sales competency and assessment framework to ensure that the needs of salespeople, and their managers, are met.
- Participate in the selection and implementation/deployment of technologies to be used by the Field-force to increase efficiency and effectiveness and determine best way to train team on them.
- Regularly spend time in the field with managers and reps to understand the "field reality" and build sales training deliverables to meet their needs.
- Actively participates in local and regional meeting design and execution.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table (Preferred Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree required
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with CRM (such as Salesforce.com)
- Experience managing internal and/or external teams
- Experience building effective field sales on-boarding and sales training programs.
- Strong organizational and project management skills (multi-tasking is a must)
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Demonstrated a high degree of competence in all elements of the role listed above
- Direct Field Sales and Field Sales Management experience
- Experience creating and implementing successful sales process/methodology/ sales playbook initiatives.
- Understanding of best practices across the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent diplomacy and facilitation skills; ability to influence without authority
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel domestically and International
- A desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative.
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
This job has expired.