This job has expired.
This position will report to the Director of Commercial Strategy and will support the commercial strategic framework of Otsuka's portfolio. This individual will be required to work collaboratively across the Otsuka organization to support developing aligned, cohesive, cross-functionally integrated commercial strategies designed to optimize OAPI assets, improve patient outcomes & journeys, and increase revenue. This will include ensuring alignment with key stakeholders across the enterprise, including Otsuka's affiliates and parent company.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to working with the Commercial Strategy Director to:
• Leading and plan key initiatives to generate comprehensive portfolio strategies, early commercial development & life cycle management strategies
• Working across commercial & R&D functions to ensure that scientific, IP, regulatory and commercial strategies are incorporated into portfolio strategies and ensuring implementation of strategic plans to optimize commercial value of the portfolio
• Ensuring portfolio strategies have a patient-centric focus, incorporating innovative approaches that are meaningful to patients, HCPs, regulators & payers
• Planning and managing key meetings to ensure progress of strategy development and execution. This includes establishing meeting agendas, facilitating cross-functional team discussions, and driving to clear and timely team actions and decisions.
• Managing scheduled and ad-hoc program status reporting, citing progress of strategies and driving cross-company/cross-affiliate alignment
• Driving alignment by facilitating relevant communications with appropriate departments, companies, governance bodies and alliances
• Proactively addressing and removing barriers to progress, keeping leadership informed and aligned with strategic plans and considerations
• Providing clarity and direction in urgent or unexpected situations. Independently resolving complex issues and competing priorities that may impact achievement of goals, creating mitigation plans and driving resolution in collaboration with the Director of Commercial Strategy
Key Deliverables, Knowledge, Skills, Competencies, Education, and Experience
• Providing strategic input into early commercial development & LCM planning, in alignment with portfolio strategy
• Ensuring that mid to long-term portfolio optimization strategies are aligned across the organization and implemented (this individual will be responsible for ensuring execution of strategies by development functions)
• Input into Integrated Integrated Asset Plans & Global Asset Plans
• Input into strategies led by other groups to ensure the portfolio perspective is included
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies, Education and Experience Required:
• BA/BS degree (MBA and science degree preferred) with a minimum of 10 years in the pharmaceutical industry
• 5 years or more of commercial experience (e.g. marketing, market access, market research, sales, analytics)
• Demonstrated critical thinking capability
• Demonstrated ability to deliver aligned, cross-organizational/company strategic plans leading to commercial differentiation and optimized revenues
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including willingness to constructively challenge the status quo; virtual communication skills are critical
• Excellent planning, organizational skills & attention to detail
• Good EQ and self-awareness with ability to flex personal style to suit environment and audience
• Ability to meet business objectives, team deliverables, and timely completion of duties and projects
• Knowledge of the company's products, the competition, and the pharmaceutical industry in general
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to function effectively under conditions of uncertainty and ambiguity
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks, both individually and across a team to achieve established deadlines
• High learning agility with strong mental flexibility; able to quickly assimilate new information inside and outside the pharma industry
• Strong collaboration skills
• Strong work ethic, pro-active, self-starter
• Otsuka HQ experience
• New product development and/or commercialization experience
• Experience with digital solutions and/or technology
• R&D experience or deep knowledge of drug development and LCM programs
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Travel (approximately 30-40%)
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.
Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 13 hours ago
New York, New York
Posted about 13 hours ago
Posted about 11 hours ago