Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
A ssist the Risk Manager in the administration of University risk management and insurance programs and processes. Provide supervisory and consultative services on risk management issues; perform related work.
The Office of Risk Management provides risk and insurance services to protect and safeguard University assets, faculty, staff and students.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
The Assistant Risk Manager must:
• Train, assign tasks, monitor workload and supervise the activities of the Risk Management and Insurance employee(s) and other staff
• Supervise, monitor and control University property, liability and worker's compensation claims and insurance related activities
• Well versed in insurance knowledge, some law, business practices, contracts, claim handling practices and safety and loss control methods.
• Coordinate the training of University supervisors/line managers and employees on their responsibilities in the Worker's Compensation (W.C.) claims process.
• Supervise and assist in the University's insurance renewal process
• Manage Certificate of Insurance database
• Conduct event risk assessments for Student Organizations, Athletics, and others on campus.
• Communicates regularly with other state agencies on insurance matters, fire prevention, and building safety
• Participates on University committees
• Works with Environmental Health & Safety on accident investigations, trainings, and loss control.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multitask
• Knowledge of supervisory practices, ability to lead a team
• Experience in risk and insurance practices
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
• Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years insurance experience
• Insurance designations CPCU, ARM
• Two or more years of Supervisory experience
Salary and Benefits:
Salary starting at $44,574.40; commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
Required Application Materials:
Please include a cover letter and a resume when applying.
Advertised: October 26, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: November 28, 2021 11:55 PM Mountain Standard Time
Posted about 13 hours ago
Posted about 13 hours ago
Posted about 9 hours ago