Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
- The Chemical Engineer in this position will provide technical expertise for the chemical processes at the site and provide support to the operations team. The engineer will lead product quality and process capability improvement initiatives with emphasis on implementing processes to obtain high quality products. The position is responsible for developing and implementing process improvement programs (uptime, quality, yield, energy reduction, and waste minimization), as well as supporting Process Safety Management (PSM) and environmental compliance. The Chemical Engineer will participate as a team member for design, implementation and startup of new or improved processes in the existing production facility, including working with external customers, environmental, safety and other technical support. The role also includes networking and leveraging capabilities with sister facilities and occasional plant support of sister facilities during Turnaround (TAR) in the circuit.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Lead product quality and process capability improvement initiatives
- Monitor and evaluate data using statistical methodology and use process expertise to make appropriate recommendations for improvement
- Technical support for improvement projects, day to day operations, trouble shooting, capital projects and shutdowns
- Help train personnel and improve and enhance operator capability
- Support capital projects by participating in equipment criteria and specification to optimize reliability and cost
- Leading or participating in Process Safety Management (PSM) technology element teams and process hazards analyses
- Participate in and /or lead Incident Investigations and Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) teams
Education / Experience / Background
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering or equivalent, will consider new college graduate
- 2-5 years of experience as chemical engineer; "new hires" considered with internship experiences
- Experience with high hazard chemical manufacturing
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Demonstrated strengths in getting results, meeting commitments, problem solving and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with or lead diverse teams including operators, mechanics, management, other engineers and leaders
- Able to travel 10-15% of time
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent.
This job has expired.