Location: Southwest Greensburg, PA
Are you seeking an administrative assistant role? If so, keep reading!
Our client in Greensburg, PA is seeking a Patient Service Representative for their medical center.
The Patient Service Representative is responsible for coordinating and maintaining a positive customer experience while performing preregistration, registration, scheduling, and business office functions. Applicants must possess excellent customer service skills. They should also have the ability to interact in a friendly, professional manner with a wide range of patients, operations staff, physicians, and other departments within the center. Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure is essential. The PSR must be able to function effectively in an environment where it is necessary to perform several tasks simultaneously, and where interruptions are frequent.
- Regular, consistent, on-site, and timely attendance
- Schedules patient appointments for designated departments
- Schedules appointments utilizing scheduling software tools
- Provides testing instructions to assure smooth services
- Secures authorization and referral if applicable
- Customer Focus
- Assesses customers' needs and considers customers in all decision making processes to ensure a positive customer experience
- Greets the customer in a polite and professional manner whether face-to-face or on the phone determines needs, and responds appropriately and courteously
- Responds to customer issues (intra-departmental and public) timely and to the satisfaction of the customer
- Identifies and performs appropriate action in situations where it is necessary to obtain appropriate documentation for proper advancement through the revenue cycle
- Provides constructive feedback and clearly expresses ideas
- Interviews patients and/or their representatives in order to obtain accurate demographic, insurance, and claim adjudication information in a timely, courteous, professional manner
- Updates system appropriately and accurately, ensuring appropriate signatures are obtained and required authorizations/certifications/medical necessity guidelines are met
- Communicates with management all issues that impact the accuracy, timely, and complete accomplishment of all assigned tasks
- Identifies and communicates to management recommendations for process improvement
- Displays dignity and respect in all interactions
- Readily accepts and incorporates changes into daily activities
- Conforms consistently to all system changes; including insurance payer regulations
- Possess functional knowledge of systems and the revenue cycle in order to adequately assist customers and reduce the unnecessary transfer of workflows
- Follows all department processes and policies as required and updated
- Motivation and Influencing. Influences and persuades others to build commitment to quality and a positive hospital experience
- Acts as a role model for peers by striving for excellence, displaying a positive attitude, and actively supporting the team concept
- Monitors and reports on individual productivity to assist in the evaluation of one's ability to organize and plan daily work in order to meet outcomes based on criteria set by management.
- Fiscal Accountability
- Holds themselves accountable for departmental processes in order to obtain the maximum reimbursement for services and the successful flow of the revenue cycle
- Assures proper identification of patients presenting for services following the proper departmental procedures
- Maintains accuracy of insurance coverage and guidelines including not but limited to verifying coverage through online eligibility software/insurance websites/customer service phone lines; verifying medical necessity and other processes; determining if necessary authorizations or referrals have been obtained; ensuring each order meets current published standards; etc.
- Investigates and identifies patient responsibility dollar amounts in order to successfully collect point-of-service payments when appropriate
- Charge posting where applicable when staff is not available timely
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- Some customer service background
- Experience processing insurance is a plus, but not required
Proof of COVID vaccination
All qualified candidates must send an updated copy of their resume to Caroline Cristini at CCristini@judge.com for immediate consideration. Upon emailing Caroline or applying to this role, be on the lookout for an email from CCristini@judge.com to set up a phone screen (a phone screen is required in order to complete your application). If you do not have a phone screen set up, you will be unable to be considered by our client.
Looking forward to our conversation!Regards,Caroline Cristini, National Healthcare RecruiterCCristini@judge.com Contact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com