Tradebe Environmental Services is a global leader in environmental services with US Headquarters in Merrillville, IN. Tradebe was founded in 1984 with the vision of helping industrial and chemical companies manage the increasing complexity of the waste they generate, ensuring safety for the people and the environment. Today, we continue to innovate and evolve as we maintain our firm commitment to propelling the circular economy and creating a more sustainable world. We actively contribute by managing all kinds of environmental liabilities in a safe and sustainable manner, focusing on reusing or recycling raw materials and energy, and being dedicated to meeting our customers' environmental goals. In the United States, Tradebe Environmental Services has 30 sites and serves customers from a broad range of markets, from petrochemicals to aerospace and hospitals, with unparalleled safety and quality standards.
The Area 3 supervisor oversees the production crew's activities, including tasks such as shredding empty drums, pumping liquids, consolidating drums, checking vapor recovery, unloading or loading trailers, replacing spent carbon, conducting daily inspections, monitoring the assigned area, ensuring RCRA compliance, enforcing health and safety policies, and conducting training for new employees.
Key job responsibilities
• Working supervisor who will oversee the performance and activity of the production crew
• Shred empty drums; pump liquids; consolidate drums; check vapor recovery from vacuum pumps
• Unload or load trailers; replace spent carbon; conduct daily area inspections; monitor activity in assigned area
• Ensure RCRA compliance is met; monitor and enforce Health and Safety policies; and train new employees
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
• One to three years of industry experience is preferred
• Previous management experience is a plus
• Work independently with little to minimal supervision, and will frequently be required to multi-task.
• Working knowledge of DOT regulations
• Ability to operate a forklift
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are preferred.
• Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication
• Ability to read, understand, and apply common operational documents, SOP's, manifests, bills' of lading are required.
Why Tradebe is Right for You