Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Architect with broad technical knowledge of construction methods and design. This is an opportunity to work with our talented staff of Architects and Engineers, supporting process & chemical and conventional energy industries within the Houston office. The Architect will work on the architecture team, within the Civil / Structural / Architectural Department.
Local candidates preferred as there is no relocation assistance or per diem. Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
The Architect will be involved in providing architectural technical support in all phases of project development, from Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) through construction. Recent and ongoing projects include design of building renovations and new construction for industrial buildings including Control Rooms, Administration Buildings, Maintenance Shops, Warehouses, Security Buildings, Process Equipment Buildings and Shelters. The ideal candidate will have significant technical expertise with development of inquiry and bid sets and support multi-disciplinary project teams from concept FEED schematic design through completion of construction.
Contributes to project technical delivery through:
- Collaboration and interface with clients, project managers, architects, engineers, designers, and subconsultants
- Coordination of architectural activities to support building design for various types of industrial projects
- Incorporating applicable building codes and construction techniques
- Reviewing architectural scope and budget to complete design and technical portions of projects on-time and within budget
- Design of buildings from schematic, detail design and construction support
- Developing and managing building procurement packages
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years architectural experience developing building design and construction drawings
- Minimum of 5 years working on Industrial Projects
- Bachelor of Architecture (minimum)
- Registered Architect preferred but not required
- Able to perform building code reviews
- Able to prepare construction documents
- Able to write specifications, studies, and reports
- Able to develop scopes of work
- Skilled in Autodesk Navisworks, AutoCAD, MS Office Suite
- Solutions-oriented and creative, able to apply process and rigor to deliver quality solutions
- Compelling communicator both verbally and in written form
- Good interpersonal and team working skills, builds positive relationships with supervisors, subordinates, peers and clients
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and committed to continuous professional development
- High level of awareness and commitment to safety in all aspects of daily work
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Highly motivated and demonstrates personal initiative
- Possesses integrity, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and is dependable
- Adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of projects
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.