This job has expired.
GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT
Undergeneral supervision and following established procedures, assure the quality ofservice and monitoring for patients undergoing anesthesia in all anesthetizinglocations throughout the hospital. Maintains, services, sets up, tests, and troubleshoots equipment andprovides technical assistance to the Anesthesia staff in the care of patients.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists the anesthesia staff in theset up and initialization of hemodynamic monitoring equipment.
2. Assists anesthesiologists in care ofpatients before, during, and immediately after anesthesia which involves thefollowing: The attachment of vital signs monitoring equipment;; Assist inendo-tracheal intubations by preparing and holding equipment;.
3. Conducts performance tests, performscalibration and first level repairs (i.e. battery changes, cable swapping,monitor checks) of anesthesia equipment.
4. Prepares blood pressuretransducers. Calibrates them to theappropriate machine. Sets up IVsolutions, and IV infusions.
5. Sets up equipment for use in thework area including, but not limited to, connecting input and output hoses,bronchoscopes, patient warming devices, fluid infusion equipment and assemblingbreathing circuits. Delivers requiredanesthesia equipment as needed.
6. Troubleshoots routine problems withequipment in OR during use, repairing or replacing as necessary.
7. Assist the Clinical Engineeringgroup with various projects, including machine modification and dataaccumulation.
8. Provides timely and accurateinformation supporting the procurement of anesthesia supplies.
9. Assumesother related duties as needed.
High School Diploma / GED or equivalent.Associate Degree in Science preferred.
Three years experience in an ORsetting is preferred.
BCLS preferred, but training will beprovided. Successful completion withinthe first 90 days of employment required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to follow detailedinstructions.
Knowledge of physical andmathematical principles.
Ability to communicate effectivelywith patients, physicians, and other medical center personnel.
Knowledge ofbasic anatomy, medical terminology, and treatment procedures commonly used inthe administration of anesthesia.
Understanding of aseptic and infectioncontrol and demonstrates sterile protocols.
Demonstrates anawareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights and cultural/religiousbeliefs and age-specific needs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/JOB CONDITIONS
High stress working conditions dueto OR environment which may include the following: tight schedules, emergencysurgery, and the critical nature of the care provided. Exposure to blood and secretions oncontaminated equipment. Exposure to usedhypodermic and spinal needles. Exposureto patients with undiagnosed disease. Exposure to narcotics and other addictive drugs. Ability to remain on feet for up to 80% ofwork time, lift and carry loads up to 25 pounds, and push rolling equipmentweighing several hundred pounds. Ability to work well under extreme pressure and stress.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago