Do you have expertise in, and passion for Insights and Analytics? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Analytics Leader, Oncology role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
The Oncology therapy area at AstraZeneca is unparalleled. We have built and strategically acquired one of the most promising Oncology pipelines in the industry. You will be among inspiring oncology industry leaders who will keep you engaged and empower you to be the best. We seek out opportunities to do dynamic meaningful work which means we won't just follow the same course of action time and again if we can see potential in a different way of creating life changing medicine.
US Oncology Insights & Analytics is an independent group within the Strategy Team of the Oncology Business Unit (OBU) that partners with each of the organization's brand teams and drives strategic decisions by providing world-class insight generation and analytics to optimize existing assets and new launches.
The Analytics Leader drives commercial analytics for key brands and tumors within the US Oncology portfolio. As a valued partner to the business, you will collaborate with marketing & sales stakeholders to identify key business questions and address with innovative, analytical approaches to improve the lives of patients and enhance commercial effectiveness.
Working collaboratively with Insights, Advanced Analytics, Forecasting, Finance, Market Access and Data Management, you will lead the design and delivery of outstanding analysis and synthesis of complex data to derive critical insights into brand performance & underlying drivers to inform commercial strategic decision-making. With your experience managing large-scale datasets and conducting sophisticated quantitative data analysis, you will lead the collection, interpretation and synthesis of a variety of healthcare and performance data by using cutting edge analytical tools and resources to deliver actionable recommendations in support of marketing and customer-facing teams to drive business growth.
With your project management experience and leadership mindset, you will efficiently triage execution of key projects to analytics resources to ensure impactful delivery of business results, optimizing execution across key vendor partners and elevating team members' output.
Your business acumen and curiosity enables you to develop a deep knowledge of brands, customers and market environment to be a proactive, strategic partner to the business. In addition, your ability to fluidly connect the dots between strategy and technical analysis enables you to synthesize business implications. Your experience in communicating to stakeholders enables you to deliver compelling, succinct storytelling and impactful data visualization to influence sr. leadership with confidence.
This highly consultative role reports to the Senior Director, Forecasting & Performance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead objective quantitative analysis and synthesis of key insights across different data sources to deliver actionable recommendations in support of critical business workstreams
- Serve as an expert resource on the scope, interpretation, and nuances of internal secondary data, particularly medical and pharmacy claims, with the ability to retrieve, organize and analyze large datasets as needed
- Create insightful reports and compelling presentations that clearly and succinctly highlight the actionable insights combined with business implications/strategic & tactical options
- Identify business needs proactively through observed data trends and build research/analysis with foresight as a trusted business partner
- Collaborate cross functionally with customer facing teams, internal insight colleagues, data management, and finance to prioritize projects and systematically address business questions
- Develop analytics plans that focus resources and drive business growth in consultation with key business stakeholders
- Oversee and optimize outsourced vendor partners and consultants to deliver executional excellence
- Performance/KPI development, tracking, and cross-brand best practice sharing, including identifying & driving reporting efficiencies and automations to ensure team members can invest time in addressing high-value business questions
- Provide methodological support and guidance across various workstreams as needed, building the skills of teammates and nurturing a culture of continuous improvement
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years experience in insights, commercial analytics or data science roles
- Ability to clean, wrangle, and transform large, complex data sources, using fit-for-purpose data analysis techniques to generate robust insights
- Strong analytics capability, strategic thinking and business acumen to understand and interpret ambiguous information from multiple sources, stitching together findings into a clear narrative for business users
- Good presentation skills with the ability to explain concepts or plans in a simple concise manner
- Ability to lead without authority
- Demonstrated ability to build trust with stakeholders and impactfully collaborate across groups of diverse backgrounds and skills
- Ability to provide informational and analytical support for leadership in a timely and effective manner through seamless integration with other members of Insights and Analytics
- Comfort with ambiguity with the ability to challenge traditional thinking to solve problems
- Strong familiarity with secondary patient-level data sources (IQVIA, Symphony, Flatiron, etc.)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Excel, PowerPoint
- Advanced Quantitative Degree (e.g., Statistics, Engineering, or Economics) or Advanced Marketing Degree (e.g., MBA)
- Pharmaceutical industry, management consulting experience, or equivalent analytic experience at academic settings, ideally in oncology
- Hands-on experience to manipulate secondary patient-level data sources (claims and Electronic health record data) to extract detailed patient and physician information or experience in guiding analytic projects using such data
- Experience in presenting to large teams with senior members
- Familiarity with BI visualization tools (Qlik, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Project / Program management expertise
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.