At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Asahi Kasei Plastics North America where our products are used in a wide array of molding applications including automotive, consumer, electronics, furniture, and industrial parts and they provide excellent solutions for pressure vessels.
Asahi Kasei Plastics North America, Inc.
The Analytical Chemist is primarily responsible for advanced analytical analysis of polymers to support research and application development. The successful candidate will have a strong background in problem solving, with significant experience working with a wide variety of analytical instruments such as: GC, IR, XRF, etc. This position requires the selected candidate to spend majority of their time performing hands-on work in a laboratory setting. This includes both routine testing as well as troubleshooting and method development / validation. The ideal candidate will also have a strong skillset in statistical analysis, communication (written and oral), and the ability to work with a variety of internal stakeholders.
- In consultation with project teams:
- Coordinates and executes research projects with predefined deadlines
- Prioritizes work streams and deadlines for team members for specific research projects
- Ensures consistent performance and high-quality data for products and R&D programs
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in existing methods and develops new solutions to address these needs
- Coordinates efforts and resources effectively across projects
- Effectively communicates results (written/orally) to project stakeholders and documents work in written technical reports
- Develop and validate test methods in compliance with international standards and customer requirements.
- Maintain analytical equipment through preventative maintenance, verifications, and calibrations.
- Ensure that all activities are completed in compliance with lean, ethical and regulatory requirements, including IATF 16949 / ISO 17025 / ISO 14001.
- Champions safe work practices, proactively identifies and addresses safety risks within the organization
(Education, Experience, Licensures, and Certifications)
- Bachelor / Master of Science in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or related field.
- 3 years hands-on experience with analytical instrumentation.
- Preferred experience in polymer applications.
Work Environment / Physical Demands / Travel
- Proficient in Laboratory practices and safety
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to write technical reports
- Analytical method development and validation experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Results-oriented, with ability to solve complex problems with analytical science tools
- Sits, stands, lifts sometimes.
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.