ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT (IN-ENRL-IUINA)
We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
For information about the department, please visit: Division of Enrollment at IUPUI
As a member of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, this position is charged with the recruitment of qualified students through the development, implementation, and evaluation of a strategic recruitment plan for an assigned territory by fostering awareness, promoting the institution and supporting the university's academic program offerings. This individual is charged with data oversight, requiring a proficient ability to monitor the admissions funnel, yield initiatives, academic relations, and best practices and providing timely reports and analysis of data that demonstrates an understanding and response to the needs of students in their territory.
- Manages a geographic territory for recruitment and implements enrollment plans as well as assessing recruitment travel activities and providing feedback on effectiveness.
- Effectively coordinates an extensive fall travel schedule, as well as expected travel for the spring and summer.
- Contributes to individual, team, and unit goals on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis so that Beginner and Transfer enrollment targets are met.
- Conducts presentations for school groups, parents, college fairs, and other appropriate entities to provide information to prospective students about IUPUI, including areas of admissions standards, transfer processes, academic programs, college life, and student support.
- Coordinates application completion activities with students, university offices, and individual academic units.
- Communicates in person, by telephone, virtually and in writing with students about status of admission applications and respond to inquiries, as well as offer solutions to applicant problems and requests regarding admission via telephone and in writing.
- Maintains partnerships with schools, community colleges, and organizations to facilitate collaborative programming and assist in recruiting, guiding, and supporting college bound students.
- Performs the duties of an admissions territory manager which include developing a target range of students to enroll for the assigned territory. Determines the number of prospects, applications, and admits needed to complete this target through the analysis of the territory, demographic shifts, and state/national trends. Must evaluate status of recruitment processes on a weekly basis to assist in meeting (strategic) enrollment goals. Takes action consistent with analysis and make modifications to recruitment and outreach strategies.
- Represents IUPUI to prospective students and influencers with the highest degree of professionalism through an array of outreach programs and recruitment activities, including workshops, presentations, fairs, and high school visits.
- Conducts admission presentations at on and off campus events including daily tours and large event programs.
- Represents IUPUI's involvement at campus recruitment events and programs on campus and in the community.
- Serves as a resource of information for prospective students to assist with student services-related issues including financial aid, scholarships, housing, and orientation.
- Advises and counsels students regarding academic opportunities and program requirements; and when necessary, counsels students with academic deficiencies and/or prior misconduct on next steps.
- Communicates with students for the purpose of providing critical information and negotiating complex problems.
- Reaches out and maintains relationships with prospective students by establishing rapport and trust, educating them on IUPUI programs and admissions requirements, and assisting prospective students through their application and first enrollment process.
- Participates in on-call counseling rotation assisting students as they visit the office.
- Conducts prescheduled, in-person, and virtual admission counseling appointments for all student types.
- Counsels prospective students and families on the financial aid process and reviews basic financial aid information including financial aid notifications with prospective students.
- Develops and executes strategic follow-up plans to contribute to enrollment goals.
- Accurately documents, maintains, and tracks prospective student and applicant interactions and progression through the new student enrollment process in the CRM system.
- Analyzes weekly Point-in-Cycle reports to coordinate recruiting efforts with the Territory Recruitment Manager to understand data- driven principles related to IUPUI's strategic plan, mission, and values.
- Prepares reports on inquiry, applicant, and yield trends for a defined territory.
- Assists in the collection of historical territory data to determine funnel trends to develop and implement goals set by the office.
- Understands the general sources of institutional data and general market data and how analysis is performed by the institution to develop its communication plan.
- Leverages technology to effectively manage inquiry, admissions, and enrollment pipelines.
- Analyzes individual situations on a case-by-case basis, i.e. quality of high school curriculum, composition of courses taken by student, and other factors relative to the student's unique situation, and determines if a student who falls outside the normal parameters can be successful at IUPUI.
- Participates in holistic review of admission applications
- Maintains, implements and oversees a holistic recruitment yield tactical plan for recruitment.
- Develops, implements, and administers plans, programs, and events for general and targeted student recruitment in support of organizational goals.
- Integrates a diverse and strategic communications strategy in collaboration with other departments, geared toward specific student declared academic major, career interests, and geographic factors.
- Identifies and develops partnerships for outreach to prospective students and influencers.
- Interprets academic policies and exercises authority and independent judgment.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates programs and processes and determines the effectiveness of markets and strategies. Exercises independent judgment and uses census data and modeling tools to identify effective marketing plans and strategies to address specific populations.
- Serves in a collaborative role with internal and external stakeholders to identify targets of opportunity to attract and enroll under-represented populations. Participates in the assessment and evaluation of various models.
- Bachelor's degree in business, public policy, or related field
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- 1 year of experience in recruitment, admissions, customer service, education, and/or hospitality and events
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Possesses excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrates excellent judgment, tact, and diplomacy
- Highly developed customer relations skills
- Commitment to working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to interpret federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations and required procedures associated with compliance required
Working Conditions / Demands
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze data to inform decision making and the flexibility to be responsible for a full range of recruitment activities
- Experience in enrollment management, admissions, student services; efficiency in database systems and student information systems
- Experience working in Salesforce constituent relationship management systems
- Fluency in Spanish: ability to speak, read, and write to communicate and support our diverse student population
- Ability to work long hours and frequent weekend and evening work required during peak periods, travel is a necessary component of this position as well as loading and transporting admissions materials, displays, and other equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently, and both independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment that is subject to constantly changing priorities
- Maintains an established work schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Effectively using organizational, planning, and problem solving
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
This role requires extensive automobile travel and some overnight travel. Some weekend assignments required.Work Location
Recruitment area will primarily focus on Indiana but may include non-resident territories in the surrounding states. Advertised Salary
Salary range: $40,000 - $42,000 a yearBenefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Core
Job Function: Student Services
Job Family: Admissions & Recruitment
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us