The Enterprise Life & Health Actuary is entry-level role responsible for executing projects in support of pricing/reserving insurance business utilizing accepted actuarial and statistical standards, as well as methodologies and knowledge gained through on the job training. This role works closely with management and key business partners to execute appropriate pricing, modeling and product strategies of low complexity to support business goals.
• Uses best practices, with significant coaching, to review & analyze business data using traditional actuarial, statistical and/or predictive modeling techniques to provide insights and meet business needs
• With significant coaching, reviews and ensures quality of data used to perform actuarial and statistical services within multiple tools/applications
• Communicates analysis results to management and non-technical users, making recommendations and providing support for assumptions and methodologies
• Develops understanding of insurance business, products, and regulatory environments
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree required - preferably in related field of study such as actuarial science, math/applied math, statistics/applied statistics
• Actuarial internship
• 0-2 years of experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Must be pursuing actuarial designation
• Basic knowledge in the use and ability to learn a wide variety of tools, data sources and computer applications
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Basic product, price, risk management and insurance regulation knowledge, including professional standards of actuarial/statistical techniques
• Ability to complete multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
• Work effectively in a team environment
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Posted about 2 hours ago
Great Falls, Montana
Posted about 2 hours ago
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Posted 31 minutes ago