Do you like numbers? Do you have a knack for details? The DHHS Division of Child and Family Services is looking for a customer focused, detail oriented Accountant II. We are looking for someone who has a high personal standard of integrity, demonstrates productive communication and a constant commitment to excellence. We are interested in candidates who will participate in and support a culture where employees are highly motivated, energetic, excited and enthusiastic working for DHHS.
"You have the passion; we have the opportunities - let's make a difference for Nebraskans."
What we can offer you:
• Stable Employment Opportunity
• Career Development and Learning
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 156% match of first 4.8% contribution to Retirement Plan
• 13 Paid Holidays
• Generous Leave Accruals and Benefits
• Opportunity to be part of a caring organization
• Flexible Schedules
Location: Nebraska State Office Building - 301 Centennial Mall South, 3rd floor, Lincoln, NE
"The State of Nebraska values our teammates as well as a supportive environment that strives to promote diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job classifications and at all levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or genetics."
Examples of Work
• Receipt, balance, deposit, and validate the proper receipting, distribution, and disbursement of child support payments.
• Determine distribution based on PRWORA (Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act) and other Federal and State regulations and laws; resolve system discrepancies. Interpret court orders and analyze payment records.
• Receive, review, and approve invoices from interagency and private vendors for incurred Child Support Enforcement expenses.
• Compile statistical information and complete required monthly, quarterly, and annual Federal and State reports.
• Work with child support workers, agencies, and clients to resolve issues and properly disburse collections.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Associates degree in accounting, finance, business administration, statistics or related field and experience with accounting/financial management systems OR 2 years' experience with professional accounting procedures including developing and modifying accounting/financial management systems.
PREFERRED: Experience with Excel, Problem Solving and Customer Service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of professional accounting principles, theories, and practices; research practices and techniques; record keeping methods; word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs; computerized accounting software; federal and State laws and regulations applicable to accounting/finance operations.
• Skill in listening to and understanding information received; using mathematical methods or formulas to compare, analyze and present data; compiling data from multiple sources into a single, comprehensive document or report.
• Ability to analyze data and draw conclusions; organize and present facts and opinions so others will understand; communicate effectively.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 19 hours ago
Posted about 19 hours ago
Fort Collins, Colorado
Posted about 16 hours ago