The overall responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Specialist fall into the following areas:
- Receive invoices and route to appropriate manager for approval.
- Verify, enter and process checks for accounts payable.
- Prepare checks for mailing.
- Maintain records for accounts payable.
- Research payables when required.
- Prepare reports on petty cash and monthly cell phone expenses.
- Process expenses reports and mileage checks.
- Program administrator for the purchasing credit card system.
- Setup new users and request credit cards, cancel cards, credit limit changes, reset passwords, change approvers, edit profiles and update roles.
- Setup general ledger codes and account names, merchant category codes.
- Reconcile several users' monthly statements.
- Review all user statements and reclassify general ledger codes where needed.
- Download monthly general ledger to excel and prepare monthly purchasing credit card reports.
- Participation in the Performance Evaluation program is required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate and/or some college experience.
- Two plus years' of prior experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires knowledge of Windows PC functions and software.
- Knowledge and operation of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains is a plus.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Communicate and influence at a senior level
- Ability to prepare, maintain and control a variety of office records, documents, and confidential files with a high degree of accuracy, timeliness, and proficiency.
- Detail oriented with high level of accuracy and organizational skill.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both with minimal supervision and as a team player at the same time.
- Willingness to continue learning.
- This is primarily a sedentary position, which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 20 pounds or less.
- Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard.
- Must have the hand/eye coordination necessary to operate office business machines (calculator, phone, fax, copier, etc.) and a personal computer.
- Hearing and speech must be sufficient to communicate verbally in person and on the telephone.
- Mobility to frequently alternate between sitting, standing, and moving about the facilities.
- Possess a valid driver's license and maintain a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass criminal, financial and motor vehicle background checks.
- Work is performed primarily indoors.
PCSI is an equal opportunity employer – persons with disabilities and veterans strongly encouraged to apply. EOE/AA/W/M/V
This job has expired.