CMA CGM Group, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping & logistics group.
Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM reinvents transport and logistics in order to offer an integrated maritime, port and land service that exceeds its customers' expectations.
Present in over 160 countries through 755 offices, 750 warehouses, equipped with a young and diverse fleet of 511 vessels, CMA CGM serves 420 of the world's 521 commercial ports and operates on more then 200 shipping lines. The group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including nearly 2,400 in Marseille, in its headquarters in Marseilles.
Position Summary: The Accounting Manager, Terminals is responsible to oversee and manage the day-to-day accounting and reporting operations, to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, and daily, weekly, and monthly internal reporting deliverables for Terminals in North America
This position will be responsible to:
- Train, coach, and develop employees; Ensure processes, procedures, and policies are known and followed, and are current.
- Oversee and manage processes performed by the shared service centers and local terminals Finance team, to include Accounts Payable and Payments, Accounts Receivable, and Collections; Review and approve update of financial data reported in parent company reporting systems within established deadlines.
- Analyze financial results; analysis to include review of major business cycles - revenue recognition, accounting for expenditure cycle, and evaluation of accruals; ensure account valuations are recorded properly.
- Prepare and produce accurate, timely reporting of all financial results and data by required due dates with appropriate attention to detail.
- Prepare and review journal entries, analyze month end data, and generate financial reports;
- Review and mange update and import of financial data reported in parent company financial systems within established deadlines.
- Research and propose proper accounting treatment on new/proposed accounting standards; partner with appropriate teams of the organization to understand and evaluate requirements of the operation, including the implementation of any required process changes, tax reporting.
- Miscellaneous related duties or Projects as assigned.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 6-8 years' work experience required.
- Extensive experience with Analysis and Financial Reporting - Understanding and presentation of financial statements to include Income Statement, Balance Sheet, KPI presentation
- Extensive experience with Excel, Access, Powerpoint - ability to create charts, tables, and graphs; ability to link files and presentations
- Knowledge of and ability to use analytical tools for analyzing reports and results for proper presentation
- Highly organized with the ability to multi task time sensitive issues in a challenging fast paced environment
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven leadership skills, self-motivated and ability to work autonomously
- Ability to present complex financial data in an organized, concise manner
- Must be able to work independently and be able to efficiently, interact with coworkers, management and other departments
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Preferred:
- Master's Degree preferred.
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Management Experience, IFRS experience a plus;
- Shipping industry experience a plus
- Prior management or supervisory experience preferred.
Come along on CMA CGM's adventure !
CMA CGM (America) LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classification.
This job has expired.