About Working at Commerce
Wouldn't it be great to build your career at a bank that's known for helping people with their financial challenges? That's exactly what you'd be doing when you join the team at Commerce Bank. We're looking for teammates who are ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their everyday financial needs. You'd be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members for their talent, skills and contributions.
No wonder we've been an industry leader for over 155 years and have developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial services world. If you'd like to be a part of a team and culture that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should talk. We're always looking for the best and brightest.
About This Job
If you'd like a job where you'd help our Commercial Card clients grow their business and build a strong relationship with Commerce, this might be the job for you. As a Commercial Card Account Manager III you'll be directly responsible for developing a trusted partnership with key contacts at our important clients. You'll be a strategic planner who takes the lead in building client satisfaction, retention and growth.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities Required
- Build strong relations with key personnel on assigned client accounts
- Retain and build assigned client portfolios
- Assist assigned clients to ensure they receive the products and services needed to achieve their business objectives
- Assist in the renewal process and contract pricing negotiations
- Find opportunities to cross sell other Commerce Card products to help clients reach their business goals
- Think strategically and bring business building ideas to assigned clients
- Handle complex Commercial Card management typically found with mid-size businesses
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Immediate knowledge of the commercial lending field
- Ability to maintain a valid driver's license and meet Commerce Bank's driving record criteria; ongoing employment may be contingent upon meeting all driving requirements
- Strong relationship building and presentation skills
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
For this position, Commerce Bank will review your motor vehicle driving record. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you'll be asked to authorize our review of that record.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 3+ years of specific commercial card, commercial lending, merchant bankcard or sales experience in the areas of account management, sales, marketing and accounting required
- 2+ years Business to Business (B2B) sales or support experience required
- Previous accounting, marketing or software sales experience preferred
- Contract negotiation experience preferred
Location: 811 Main St, Kansas City, Missouri 64105