Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide in-depth, specialized, and/or comprehensive advising to faculty and students regarding class choices, curriculum options, majors, departmental and University policies and procedures, and other academic needs.
Games, Interactive Media, and Mobile Technology (GIMM) in the College of Innovation and Design prepare students to create technology experiences in our work and personal lives. Routinely professionals interact with online tutorials, websites, tablets, smart phones, and video streaming. The GIMM major provides students with the skills to execute work in all of these areas.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
The Academic Advisor for College of Innovation + Design will:
• Maintain positive connections with faculty and staff in focus area to facilitate student connections.
• Coordinate communication of information related to important dates, deadlines and procedures to advisees.
• Monitors student progress and suggests and implements corrective actions with students encounter academic difficulties. Meets with students with academic probation suspension or academic misconduct issues.
• Keeps current on university and college policies and procedures, and rules and regulations to assist students in meeting academic requirements.
• Acts as a source of information for prospective students, and actively recruits students through participation in various university and college sponsored orientations and events.
• Represent CI+D at University-wide meetings and actively market CI+D programs/courses
• Attend GIMM faculty meetings
• Field phone calls & emails, edit marketing content
• Identify & report areas of concern to GIMM group, and contribute to ideas for solutions
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• The ability to effectively communicate information and ideas
• Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish the tasks at hand
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of institutional policies
• Good knowledge of: discussing career and educational goals with students; identifying student strengths and weaknesses.
• Experience: in student counseling, development, education or related field.
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
• Experience at Boise State University or other similar institution
• Ability to assume accountability for assignments, work well with others as a team to accomplish a
common goal and remain poised under pressure;
• Attitude of innovation and ability to thrive in a fluid work environment Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $42,910.40 - $46,000. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
Required Application Materials:
resume and cover letter
Advertised: May 13, 2022 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: May 22, 2022 11:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago