The Shift Leader provides direct oversight of a manufacturing team consisting of 10-20 colleagues and manages all aspects of sterile manufacturing operations including formulation, glassware preparation, equipment preparation, aseptic filling, lyophilization, and product sterilization for their assigned shift. They carry out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organizationâ€™s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include the training and development of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work in a proactive and strategic manner to meet business objectives; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems. The shift leader must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of colleague throughout the organization and must be able to solve complex and abstract conceptual problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions independently under pressure.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree preferred and 3 years supervisory experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment or advanced mechanical training is a plus
Company Overview Who we are?
- Mechanical aptitude is a must.
- Strong communication skills in interacting with peers, superiors, and subordinates.
- Strong organizational and planning skills are necessary for long term planning and scheduling the manufacturing operations and reacting quickly to changes in direction and priority.
- Database, Project, Excel, Power Point and Word computer skills are necessary.
- Adaptability to and understanding of changing standards and technology is necessary.
- Ability to lead peers and motivate operators to be part of a collaborative team.
- The cleanroom manufacturing environment requires personnel with good personal hygiene.
- Adaptability to perform under pressure within time constraints.
- Must be aseptic gown certified or have the ability to become certified.
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patientsâ€™ lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website at www.Akorn.com . Why choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.