Banking Specialist I
This position, Banking Specialist I, may be called by many other names: Teller, Client Service Representative, Member Services, etc. At First Bank, we choose to call you a “specialist” because that is what you are! You are the front line or first point of contact providing client service for our clients, and you specialize in the products and services that help our clients meet their current and future financial needs.
What You Will Be Doing
What Do You Need for this Position?
- Supporting our Bank’s culture and client-friendly environment by greeting clients with a courteous and friendly demeanor, including greeting clients by name when possible.
- Ensuring continued relationships with our clients by processing client transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, payments, check cashing, etc. courteously, accurately and as expeditiously as possible.
- Expanding the use of alternative delivery systems by explaining the merits of other systems such as Online Banking System, Online Bill Pay, ATM network, Debit Card, and Client Contact Center.
- Protecting the interests of the Bank and our clients by following all security, regulatory and audit procedures, including daily balancing of individual teller drawers, ATM, and vault, if needed. Maintaining of proper dual control and appropriate holds. Accurately balancing assigned cash drawer on a daily basis. Immediately reporting out of balance conditions to branch management.
- Furthering personal development by actively seeking out and maintaining basic product knowledge of all Bank products. This may be obtained through training courses, branch meetings, corporate communications, etc.
- Contributing to the Bank’s success by identifying sales opportunities and referring clients to the appropriate area. Working towards achievement of branch and individual sales and referral goals.
- Driving branch profitability and client satisfaction by getting to know clients and encouraging their consideration of other Bank products where they may benefit the clients’ needs. (In-Store) Should cultivate relationship with retail store associates.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 12 months previous client service experience preferred
- Previous cash-handling experience required
- Previous banking experience strongly preferred
- NLMS registration preferred
- Developed customer service skills, including written and verbal communication
- Ability to use a PC and alpha/numeric keyboard
- Flexible work week schedule, which may include Saturdays
Be a part of a growing company that is truly committed to its employees and clients. Consider joining the First Bank family. As a member of our family, you are part of one of the largest independent banks in the U.S. We are proud of our growth and success over the past 100 years and look forward to a bright and promising future.Diversity
At First Bank one of our biggest strengths is the diversity of our people. Our mission is to capitalize on the diversity of our associates and promote personal and professional development throughout every area of the organization. We encourage diversity by actively seeking employees from various backgrounds, walks of life, and job skills. We strongly encourage you to apply whenever a First Bank job opportunity interests you.
First Bank is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Attn: Applicants interested in a San Francisco based position: First Bank will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
This job has expired.