Manages and directs all manufacturing activities/tasks in the Foundry operation through hourly employees. Promotes safety awareness and meets the operational plan in accordance with production schedules.
- Interacts with Engineering, Production Control, and Maintenance to maximize productivity and efficiency of manufacturing assets.
- Utilize outside vendors, consultants, and subcontractors in conjunction with the Engineering and Purchasing Departments to supplement company resources when required.
Recommends changes and/or improvements in methods, procedures, and equipment necessary to achieve continuous improvement of quality, efficiency, and productivity.
Actively participates in the development of hourly employees and recognizes training needs and weaknesses requiring improvements.
Deals effectively with disciplinary procedures and enforces that all hourly employees perform their tasks in accordance with the provisions of the current union agreement.
All communications and company directives are impacted by the lack of dedicated resources to implement and sustain improvements at the floor level.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Traits:
- Safety Audits
- Quality inspections
- HR communications
- Daily KATA improvements
- NPD process development and execution
- High School Diploma, some college preferred.
- 2 to 5 years hands on in a Foundry environment or similar applications Experienced in high-volume, foundry cast products operations and in ISO 9001 procedures making use of molding equipment, Induction Heating Furnaces, Lost Foam Processes, core making and cleaning preparation.
- Must have a demonstrable and proven track record of bottom-line profitability impact, productivity/quality improvement and be skilled at Union workforce supervision.
- Must have strong work ethic, outgoing and assertive personality and must have excellent team-building skills with subordinates as well as with peers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by law.
This job has expired.