This job has expired.
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The Courier is responsible for the pick-up and delivery of water, soil and air samples to and from the laboratory. Maintain the quality, hold time, and turnaround time objectives of the lab. Prepare and deliver bottle orders to clients following the SOP of the lab. Receive and stock all sample control supplies, prepare and ship sample kits and perform sampling events as needed. Dispose of samples and hazardous waste according to guidelines and carry out any other duties assigned by the department manager.
Courier responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform all duties as outlined in the SOP for Couriers.
• Pick up and deliver samples, bottle orders and report to the laboratory for sign-in and analysis.
• Count the number of samples when receiving them from clients to make sure that the Chain of Custody and samples match. Verify that samples are not broken or damaged.
• Receive and sign the Chain of Custody.
• Ensure that client signs, dates, and records time on the Chain of Custody when releasing samples.
• Transport samples on ice from client site to the lab, or from our lab to a sub- contracted laboratory.
• Unload samples and inspect for damage or violated hold times to maintain sample integrity.
• Interact with Project Managers and clients appropriately and professionally.
• Follow directions or use maps to locate client offices/sites as specified in the courier request form.
• Communicate effectively with the courier coordinator about the courier schedule.
• Record in the courier log book the time that courier arrives to the site and time leaving from the site for all the pick ups and deliveries.
• Maintain records for the vehicle maintenance and driving miles; turn it in at the end of each month.
• Restock supplies when received so supplies are available to employees when needed.
• Verify the validity and completeness of all bottle orders being delivered. This verification is done prior to leaving for delivery.
• Perform duties in accordance with Section 14 of the Transportation and Fleet Safety of the Corporate Safety Manual.
• Comply with the Company's "Driver Evaluation and Qualification Policy".
• Maintain the shipping/receiving area to ensure a safe work environment.
• Prepare outgoing shipments of bottle kits and coolers for pick-up.
• Perform on-site sampling events as needed.
• Dispose of samples according to guidelines on a monthly basis to remain in compliance with EPA and EH&S requirements.
• Maintain delivery truck to keep in proper working order.
• Label samples after log in on an as needed basis.
• May be assigned other sample control duties as identified by the department manager of Sample Control.
The ideal candidate would possess:
• Ability to read maps and follow directions
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle
• Ability to prioritize
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!